Typical Course Length
The National MA Education (Wales) is a truly transformative and sector leading programme for educational professionals in Wales, from early career teachers to senior leaders. The educational landscape in Wales is changing rapidly. Teaching not only requires the mastery of a complex set of skills to guide, motivate, and facilitate student learning, but also the ability to enquire into professional practice in order to improve it. The National MA Education (Wales), which has been collaboratively developed by seven universities in Wales, through direct engagement with a variety of key stakeholders including Welsh Government - will ensure that all education professionals in Wales have the same high-quality opportunity to enhance their professional knowledge, engage with research, and to improve their professional practice. Prospective students are encouraged to contact Dr Andrew Davies for further information.
Why study Education (Wales) at Aberystwyth University?
- The course is 3 years part-time. There is no full-time option.
- The programme consists of 200 hours of study per 20 credit module, of which 22 will be contact hours. Learning will be a blend of online and face-to-face. Activities will be a combination of lectures, seminars, group activities and individual activities.
- Students on this course will join students on the same course at 6 other HEIs.
Candidates must hold Qualified Teacher Status and be currently employed in the compulsory education sector in the UK.
English Language Requirements
If you have a Bachelor’s degree from a UK University, you do not need to take an English proficiency test.
Non-native English speakers who do not meet this requirement must take a University-recognised test of academic English language proficiency. For further information please see our English Language requirements page.
Please see the tuition fee pages for current tuition fees. Please note that all fees are subject to an annual increase.
Access to your own digital device/the appropriate IT kit will be essential during your time studying at Aberystwyth University.
You may face additional costs while at university, including (but not limited to):
- Travel to and from campus
- Printing, photocopying, binding, stationery and equipment costs (e.g. USB sticks)
- Purchase of books or texts
- Gowns for graduation ceremonies
Funding opportunities may be available, please check our funding calculator for details.
Learning & Teaching
Modules typically include
- Advance Research and Enquiry Skills
- Additional Learning Needs
- Excellence in Practice
- Curriculum Design and Realisation
- Evidence-Informed Practice