If you're interested in a subject that is exciting, dynamic and one that will combine elements of consumer behaviour, psychology, management, human resources, and culture, then Marketing / Business and Management degree at Aberystwyth University is for you. This undergraduate degree course will allow you to explore the changing use of information technology and digital media for marketing purposes in a creative and innovative way.
Aberystwyth University is an accredited CIM Graduate Gateway Centre, which means that you can gain exemptions for certain CIM modules.
Student Satisfaction and Employability Results
Top 10 in the UK for Teaching Quality for the subject of Business & Management Studies (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019)
Aberystwyth Business School: 91% overall student satisfaction (NSS 2018)
97% of our graduates were in work or further study within 6 months, 3% more than Business and Administrative Studies graduates nationally (HESA 2018*)
Why study Marketing / Business and Management at Aberystwyth University?
- At Aberystwyth, we focus on developing your skills, knowledge in strategic and operational aspects of contemporary marketing theory and practice. Through case study analysis, real-life scenarios, and fundamental marketing theory, you will be learning your craft on a stimulating course.
- Our programmes are accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) as well as Association for Chartered Accountants (ACCA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- On successful completion, you can apply for exemption from 50% of the CIM Professional Diplomas.
- Our degree equips you with the multidisciplinary understanding of marketing which employers increasingly demand.
- Taught by experts who are leading in the Marketing sector and research.
- We have arrangements with many partner universities overseas to deliver short academic programmes (2 weeks) to small groups of management and business students (on a self-funding basis), to enable you to experience the impact of the cultural environment when conducting business abroad. We currently have partner universities in India, China, Russia, Japan, the United Arab Emirates and Brazil and our portfolio of countries is rapidly expanding.
Students at the Aberystwyth Business School are taught by lecturers and other teaching staff who are active researchers and expert practitioners in their chosen subject area.
Over 75% of full time members of teaching staff are qualified to PhD level. Most are currently research active, meaning that students benefit from being taught ‘new’ knowledge in their chosen field of study as well as recognized literature. The School also employs part-time and full time staff devoted purely to teaching. Many part-time staff combine teaching duties with consultancy and business activities, ensuring that students have access not only to up to date research but the latest applied knowledge.
Please note: The modules listed below are those currently intended for delivery during the next academic year and may be subject to change. They are included here to give an indication of how the course is structured.
|Module Name||Module Code||Credit Value|
|Fundamentals Of Management And Business *||AB15120||20|
|Marketing Principles And Contemporary Practice||AB17120||20|
|Module Name||Module Code||Credit Value|
|Fundamentals Of Accounting And Finance||AB11120||20|
|Understanding The Economy||AB13120||20|
|Data Performance And Analysis||AB15220||20|
* Also available partially or entirely through the medium of Welsh
Career prospects: From Campus to Career
Many of our graduates have explored a career in:
- Marketing Executive;
- Market Researcher;
- Advertising Copywriter;
- Advertising Account Planner;
- Media Planner;
- Media Buyer;
- Public Relations Officer.
What skills will I obtain from this degree?
Studying our degree in Marketing / Business and Management will equip you with the following skills:
- Improved numeracy skills and the ability to research, interpret and use statistics;
- Deep understanding of the causes and effects of economic and other external changes;
- The ability to communicate clearly in a written and spoken form;
- Effective problem solving;
- Analytical and creative thinking skills;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Time-Management and organisational skills;
- Self-motivation and self-reliance.
What work experience opportunities exist at Aberystwyth University?
Discover more about the various employment opportunities that our Aberystwyth University Careers team offer.
Enhance your employability prospects with GO Wales and YES (Year in Employment Scheme) managed by our Careers department.
Teaching & Learning
What will you learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the three-year degree scheme.
In the first year you may discover:
- Fundamental principles of marketing;
- Fundamental principles of management;
- Marketing in a business context;
- The use of financial and accounting information in management decisions at operational and strategic levels;
In the second year you may explore:
- The production of campaigns;
- Strategic marketing;
- Consumer behaviour;
- Market structures and pricing strategies;
- Management research methods;
- Business to Business marketing;
- The skills, analytical tools and techniques to identify and address problems and opportunities in business management and marketing;
- Customer relationship management;
- Human resource management.
In the third year you may study:
- Marketing Communications;
- The business strategy and how it functions both internally and externally to the business environment;
- The nature and importance of international marketing and global brand awareness;
- Qualitative and Quantitative analysis of marketing situations;
- Formulation of effective marketing plans;
- Human resource management;
- The understanding of current management thinking from both practical and theoretical perspectives;
- And undertake a compulsory independent research project.
How will I be taught?
Our students are taught through lectures, small-group seminars, and tutorials.
We assess our students through examinations, assessed essays, projects, reports, reflective diaries, portfolios, and presentations. The coursework will develop your capacity to research, analyse and present an argument clearly and coherently, while seminars will help you hone your presentations skills.
You will be assigned a personal tutor throughout your time at Aberystwyth University. This person will assist you with all matters relating to academic and non-academic.
Typical Entry Requirements
A Levels BBC
GCSE requirements (grade C min):
English or Welsh, Mathematics
BTEC National Diploma:
The University operates an inclusive admissions policy and our offers can vary. Please refer to our country-specific pages for details of the international qualifications we accept. For further information, contact email@example.com