Typical Course Length
The MSc in International Business and Marketing provides a broad range of theoretical and practical knowledge and skills that will underpin a future career in international marketing or business management. The programme provides a thorough academic understanding of management theories and methods, with a strong emphasis on marketing strategy and management.
As a student on the MSc in International Business and Marketing, you will study international strategy and financial management. The programme includes coverage of human resource management and organizational behaviour. You will also study, in depth, key concepts, mechanisms and issues in transnational commercial law. The marketing specialism in this programme examines the theories, concepts and techniques of global and international marketing, including motives for international expansion, market selection and entry, management of communications and customer relations in international markets, and international branding.
You will examine the forces that shape the international business environment and its impact on the operations and strategic outlook of international companies. The programme also covers the institutional structure of the international economy and examines how trade and financial flows are supported by international economic institutions. Throughout the programme, you will apply your learning to contemporary case studies in international business and international marketing.
|Module Name||Module Code||Credit Value|
|Financial Analysis And Decision Making||ABM1120||20|
|International Business Environment||ABM3220||20|
|International Commercial Law||LAM0720||20|
|Marketing Managment Strategy||ABM7120||20|
|People And Organizations||ABM5320||20|
- Risk Management;
- Distribution and Logistics;
- Market Research;
- Public Relations.
- Improved numeracy skills and the ability to research, interpret and use statistics;
- Deep understanding of the causes and effects of international business, marketing and other external changes;
- The ability to communicate clearly in a written and spoken form;
- Effective problem-solving;
- Analytical and creative thinking skills;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Time-Management and organisational skills;
- Self-motivation and self-reliance.
Learning & Teaching
You will be taught by expert academic staff across lectures, tutorials and seminars. In addition to individual essays and written exams in some modules, students are assessed on a wide range of activities that involve group work and/or require report-writing, presentation and research skills. Several modules are entirely coursework assessed.
- International Commercial Law
- People and Organisations
- Marketing Management Strategy
- Financial Analysis and Decision Making
- International Business Environment
- Global Marketing
A final dissertation will also need to be submitted for completion.