Typical Course Length
The MSc in International Business Management offers you the skills and knowledge required for a successful career in international business, with an emphasis on strategic and operational management. You will study management theories and methods in depth, and you will gain a strong academic and practical understanding of individual and organisational behaviour.
By studying the MSc in International Business Management, you will specialize in international strategy, financial management, marketing strategy, and operations management including the international supply chain: an increasingly important aspect of business opportunities worldwide. You will also study, in depth, key concepts, mechanisms and issues in transnational commercial law.
You will examine the forces that shape the international business environment and its impact on the operations and strategic outlook of international companies. The programme also covers the institutional structure of the international economy and examines how trade and financial flows are supported by international economic institutions. Throughout the programme, you will apply your learning to contemporary case studies in international business.
|Module Name||Module Code||Credit Value|
|Financial Analysis And Decision Making||ABM1120||20|
|International Business Environment||ABM3220||20|
|International Commercial Law||LAM0720||20|
|International Strategy And Operations||ABM5220||20|
|Marketing Managment Strategy||ABM7120||20|
|People And Organizations||ABM5320||20|
- Risk Management;
- Distribution and Logistics;
- Market Research;
- Public Relations.
- Understanding organisational behaviour and structure;
- Improved numeracy skills and the ability to research, interpret and use business and financial data;
- Deep understanding of the causes and effects of economic conditions and other external changes;
- The ability to communicate clearly in a written and spoken form;
- Effective problem-solving;
- Analytical and creative thinking skills;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Time-management and organisational skills;
- Self-motivation and self-reliance.
Learning & Teaching
You will be taught by expert academic staff across lectures, tutorials and seminars. In addition to individual essays and written exams in some modules, students are assessed on a wide range of activities that involve group work and/or require report-writing, presentation and research skills. Several modules are entirely coursework assessed.
- International Commercial Law
- People and Organisations
- Marketing Management Strategy
- Financial Analysis and Decision Making
- International Business Environment
- International Strategy and Operations
A final dissertation will also need to be submitted for completion.