Kick start your career with this multi-accredited BSc in Accounting and Finance with Marketing at Aberystwyth Business School. This degree offers you your technical knowledge, skills, and expertise, while gaining professional recognition from the world’s leading accountancy bodies such as the ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA, CII and ICSA. In addition, Aberystwyth University is an accredited CIM Gateway centre, which means that you can study towards a CIM qualification whilst studying for a degree, or gain exemptions for certain CIM modules.
Top 20 in the UK for student satisfaction in the subject area of Accounting and Finance (NSS 2016)
Aberystwyth Business School: 90% student satisfaction (NSS 2016)
96% of undergraduates from the Aberystwyth Business School who graduated in 2015 were in employment or further education six months after graduating (DLHE 2015)
- Teaching & Learning
- Student Views
Why study Accounting & Finance with Marketing at Aberystwyth?
- Study in a top 4 UK University and 1st in Wales for student satisfaction (NSS, 2016).
- Our degrees are accredited by the following;
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
The Charted Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
The Institute of Charted Accountants in England and Wales
The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy
The Chartered Insurance Institute
Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- Discover topics such as financial reporting, management accounting, corporate finance, taxation, audit and computerised accounting systems.
- Taught by qualified accountants and professionals from the marketing sector, ensuring that you learn from experts with a wealth of industry and academic experience
- Our degree generates a high and successful level of graduates who enter employment or further training in 6 months.
Students at the Aberystwyth Business School are taught by lecturers and other teaching staff who are active researchers and expert practitioners in their chosen subject area.
Over 75% of full time members of teaching staff are qualified to PhD level. Most are currently research active, meaning that students benefit from being taught ‘new’ knowledge in their chosen field of study as well as recognized literature. The School also employs part-time and full time staff devoted purely to teaching. Many part-time staff combine teaching duties with consultancy and business activities, ensuring that students have access not only to up to date research but the latest applied knowledge.
Please note: The modules listed below are those currently intended for delivery during the next academic year and may be subject to change. They are included here to give an indication of how the course is structured.
What career opportunities exist after graduation?
This degree will prepare you for a career in any of these professions:
- Marketing Executive
- Chartered Accountant
- Chartered Certified Accountant
- Chartered Management Accountant
- Chartered Public Finance Accountant
Many of our graduates have explored a career in:
- Tax Advisor
- Investment analyst
- Financial trader
- Retail banker
- Market Researcher
- Advertising Copywriter
- Advertising Account Planner
- Media Planner
- Media Buyer
- Public relations officers
Careers and Employability
- From the moment you arrive at the Aberystwyth Business School we will work with you to build on your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects. During your time with us you will have the opportunity to:
- Undertake a work placement or internship through the AberForward scheme, which is a paid internship
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our visiting speaker programme
- Take part in International Exchange Programmes
What work experience opportunities exist whilst studying?
Click here to find out about the various opportunities that our Aberystwyth University Careers team offer.
Enhance your employability prospects with GO Wales and YES (Year in Employment Scheme) managed by our Careers department.
Teaching & Learning
What will I learn?
In your first year you will discover:
- The three key areas of Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and Financial Management
- Quantitative techniques and the use of specialist statistical software
- The fundamental principles of marketing
- Marketing in a business context
In your second year you will explore:
- Investment analysis
- Portfolio selection and risk management
- The specific rules and practices of accounting in fields such as audit and taxation
- Corporate governance
- Financial and management accounting
- Business Law
- Production campaigns
- Strategic marketing
- Consumer behaviour
In your final year you will study:
- Trends in management accounting
- Financial accounting and corporate finance
- Options to focus on auditing, taxation or financial statement analysis
- Marketing communications
- Qualitative and Quantitative analysis of marketing situations
- And undertake a compulsory independent research project
How will I be taught?
Our course is taught through the medium of lectures, small-group seminars and tutorials. All our modules are available online after the lecture or seminar for you to watch in the comfort of your own room.
You will be assessed through:
- Assessed essays
- You will be assigned a personal tutor throughout your degree course, who will help you with any problems or queries, whether these are academic-related or personal issues. You should feel free to contact them at any time for help and advice.
- You will also have the opportunity to complete a Personal Development Plan (PDP) at Aberystwyth. This is a structured process of self-appraisal, reflection, and planning, which will enable you to chart your personal, academic and professional development throughout your time at university. By recording your academic performance, and highlighting the skills you already have and those you will need for future employability, the PDP portfolio will equip you with the necessary tools to plan effectively, develop successful approaches to study, and consider your future career options and aspirations.
It provides a vast array of knowledge applicable to business as well as world markets. I find it challenging, but incredibly rewarding at the same time. The tutors are very approachable and always there to talk to and are ready to help whenever you need some guidance. All the careers advice that I have received so far has really helped me to shape the direction that I would ideally like to take in the future. Harry James Geyton
Typical Entry Requirements
A Levels BBB
GCSE requirements (grade C min):
English or Welsh, Mathematics
BTEC National Diploma:
114 - 120
26 points overall
Applicants are considered on their individual merits and offers can vary. For further information, please contact email@example.com